Originally posted on December 10, 2009
(Author’s Note. I am reposting this article because there is still an urgent need to start organizing militias in your communities. First you have to climb over the fear of the government-defined ‘militia’, and understand it is a Constitutional Defense Force that American communities need now.)
A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
(Artwork by Randy Steele)
This Amendment in effect requires the States to have in place a ‘well-regulated militia’ to be ready to protect the citizenry and the State as called upon by the Governor or as deemed advisable locally to protect the community. And every state is out of compliance with this requirement.
In addition, the federal and state governments have passed legislation that directly infringes upon the right of the citizens to bear arms. With these laws, only the criminals have guns and the people are unable to defend themselves.
Yet remember who organized in defense of the Colonies against the British? The committees of safety, the Sons of Liberty: the Militia. All able-bodied citizens.
As it turns out, the Militia has been bad-mouthed by many politicians, the media, and the government for a very long time. The Militia is a convenient scapegoat as well, and the people have learned to fear the Militia as ‘right wing extremists’.
The delegates of the Continental Congress 2009 undertook an extensive examination of the abuse of the Second Amendment…and one of the first tasks was to define and help educate the people on the definition of a Militia:
The term Militia, inherently separate from the state National Guard, means “Constitutional Defense Force”, comprising all citizenry capable of bearing arms and under proper authority, in defense of themselves and each of the Several States
The Militia is under the authority of the Governor, but it is truly a grass-roots, local defense force that can defend communities, assist local police, emergency workers, the sheriff, or state police in any emergency. Training and organization is essential and can be assisted by your local sheriff.
Think about where we are now. Everyone is holding their breath waiting for the initiation of martial law, or some other type of police presence. The main reason it hasn’t happened already is that we have the Second Amendment, and in the last year many citizens have become armed. YOU can act on this now.
Continental Congress 2009 Remedial Instructions
The Congress of the United States
WHEREAS, the Second Amendment to the Constitution mandates, “In order to provide for the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed,” and
WHEREAS, a multitude of federal statutes constitute de facto infringement;
THEREFORE, We, the Delegates of Continental Congress 2009, as Free People of America, do hereby Instruct the Congress of the United States as follows:
- Repeal all federal statutes regulating the ownership, use and transfer of firearms and ammunition;
- Repeal any federal statutes which provide for the taxation or registration of firearms and ammunition; (Schwarzenegger just signed an ammunition registration law)
- Abolish the Department of Homeland Security and thereby return the responsibility for domestic security to the Militias of the Several States; the term militia, inherently separate from the State National Guard, means “Constitutional Defense Force,” comprising all loyal citizenry capable of bearing arms, well‐trained and under proper authority, in defense of themselves and each of the several States;
- Make statutes providing for organizing, arming and disciplining the Militia and for governing such part of them as may be called to serve the United States and, reserve to the states all other powers relating to the Militia;
- Encourage and support, and cease and desist from infringing upon, the duty of the People to revitalize the “well‐regulated Militia of each of the Several States”.
The Several States
- Repeal all state statutes regulating the ownership, use and transfer of firearms and ammunition.
- Repeal any state statutes which provide for the registration of firearms and ammunition.
- By statute, establish an Advisory Commission On Revitalization of the Militia of their State,in the exercise of their powers over the Militia*, as reserved to the several states by the Second and Tenth Amendments as well as other provisions of the Constitution of the United States….
Recommended Civil Actions by the People
WHEREAS, the Second Amendment mandates that the Right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, and
WHEREAS, Natural Law affirms the Right to defense of one’s Life and Property, and
WHEREAS, Citizens are reminded that the U. S. Constitution is the Supreme Law of the land, and that state laws repugnant to the Second Amendment are null and void, including open carry laws;
NOW THEREFORE, We, the Continental Congress 2009, declare that a proper method to counter federal usurpation of said Rights is to encourage the People of each of the Several States to study and exercise their Right to keep and bear arms, and to engage in the following civic actions:
- Meet with your County Sheriff and ask for assistance and guidance in establishing a Constitutional Militia.
- Converse, build coalitions, and develop networks of communication with like‐minded organizations concerning the importance of Constitutional Militias, preparedness, and the protection of our Right to keep and bear arms;
- Lobby State Legislatures to introduce and/or pass a version of what is commonly referred to as the “Firearms Freedom Act”;
- Utilize existing “Second Amendment Scorecards” on each of their representatives.
This is just a taste of more of the Articles of Freedom to come!