Both houses of the United States Congress have become a cesspool of corruption, crony capitalism, and a life-long political class that has nothing to do with the Constitution or with protecting America. Members of Congress enjoy jacking off in their private saunas and steam baths which only they would call ‘hallowed space‘; voting themselves pay raises; keeping their salary and benefits for life,and otherwise destroying America to benefit only themselves. Where else can you go from negative net worth to multi-million dollars of net worth in a year? You can count the principled members of Congress on the fingers of one hand.
And where else could the tacit approval for the Obama usurpation of the presidency be enabled, and still planned? Throw in the corrupt Supreme Court and judiciary, unaccountable agency heads, and billions of dollars and bribes from the banks and corrupt foreign nationals like George Soros, and the stench of the cesspool becomes overwhelming.
We don’t need an amendment to the Constitution to balance the budget, we need to hold Congress to its 18 enumerated powers and their oath of office. Cross the line and they should be forever barred from running for any office again. Tell me where in this world does a person receive their full salary and benefits for life, after serving only one term in what should be the hallowed occupation of a citizen legislator? By our own hands and lack of attention, we have created the most corrupt group of people in the world. I point a finger at Congress and three fingers point back at me.
We don’t need an Article V Constitutional Convention because its not the framework of the Constitution that is broken, it is the people who inhabit its positions. And they will always have to be reminded that it is not the people who are in rebellion, it is the government that is in rebellion against the people and the Constitution.
It is also true that we cannot rely on Congress to reform itself. Why should they? Most of them have never had a real job in their lives so they know nothing about ‘reform’ except ‘reforming’ their responsibilities so they benefit.
Here are a few ideas to literally remake those who serve the people:
- Pass a law at the state and federal level–if need be an amendment–that any time the deficit exceeds 3% of gross domestic product, all members of Congress are ineligible for re-election.
- Forbid Congress to raise its own salary and mandate pay raises be the lower of the CPI or 3% per term of office (2 or 6 years).
- Reduce the Congressional work period to nine months, with appropriate salary reductions, and limit any deal making or legislating to the hours of 7 am to 5 pm, the normal working period of Americans. No voting on anything between the hours of 5 pm and 7 am.
- Require Congress to spend the three remaining months of each year in their districts performing community service, meeting with state legislatures, and learning from constituents–without pay or paid at minimum wage.
- Half the Congressional staff.
- Enact term limits at every level, including staff
- Reduce Congressional office budgets and forbid free postage, travel, and first class upgrades for all members of Congress and their staff.
- Require members of Congress to justify each and every vote and their compliance with the eighteen enumerated powers.
- Forbid life-long appointments in the entire judiciary, substituting instead a term of ten years with required evaluations for any reinstatement.
- Reinstate the original 13th amendment and forbid lawyers or those with other titles of nobility to serve as members of Congress.
There are plenty of other ideas…please use this thread to propose them.