It’s the Constitution!
Welcome! The photograph in the header is the reflection of a part of the Grand Teton Mountain range in Jackson Lake Reservoir, Wyoming. I chose this photo, one of my own, because it shows what I feel–that it is time for the collective reflection of who we are, as Americans and as a Nation. One can always see the beauty in the rawness and imperfections. We are only limited by our own imagination.
This blog is about the Constitution of the United States and its Amendments. We offer a historical perspective, an analysis of what aspects of our Constitution have been and continue to be violated, and practical tools through which we the people can restore our Constitutional Republic.
A major premise of this blog is that the United States is currently in constitutional crisis, primarily based on the following:
- An Executive who refuses to prove his loyalty to the United States, strongly suspected of having multiple allegiances and ineligible for the office;
- A Congress that is rushing the United States toward socialism and bankruptcy through it, and the Executive’s, passage of laws which seize the banking, medical, and auto industries using tax-payer funds;
- A “Federal Reserve” that is neither “federal” nor has a “reserve” that is crushing the American economy;
- A systematic attack on the fundamental rights of Americans including free speech, freedom of assembly, the right to redress; the right to bear arms; the right to prevent the government from seizing our homes and communities;
- Foreign policy, rules of engagement, and strategic homeland defense being compromised by the Executive’s words, policies, economic, and defense strategies
With this in mind, I would also like to focus this blog on how acts of Congress, the President, and the Courts are either consistent with or attempt to change the Constitution, most principally the relationship between the government and the people. To this end, I will research far and wide and invite readers to find and link constitutional resources for all of our benefit.
As is well known, it is difficult to produce a high-quality, well researched article on the Constitution every day, unless one is blessed with time and the resources to do so. Like all of you, I also have a full-time job. Thus while nearly all of the articles in this blog will invoke serious topics and propose serious discussion, I will also intersperse these ‘think pieces’ with sometimes totally off topic and light-hearted subjects which I hope you will enjoy.
In a way, by contributing to this blog, we will continue to build the knowledge base, strategies, historical perspective, and tools for the preservation of a Constitutional Republic, so that people today can use them, and generations to come will know the principles that founded, and that will save, this great nation.
My hopes for this blog are to really be a resource, as follows:
- A resource on the history and development of the Constitution, with links to the historical documents, analysis, words and works of our Founding Fathers. Importantly, what do these words, actions and strategies mean for us today?
- A discussion board for application of these tools to the current constitutional crisis;
- A resource for understanding how each provision of any Congressional bill, or any executive action, supports or violates the constitution
- A place to network
So, please join me and others in respectful conversation and exchange of ideas. Any suggestions are welcome.
This is a labor of love for my Country.